This Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. You must be at least 18 years of age to register with or use certain portions of this Site. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself to us or on this Site, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and applicable law. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of this Site, including the information described below.
Information You Provide
We collect personal information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Site, request a quote, fill out forms or fields on this Site, create or submit an application, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, use our service, participate in a survey or promotion, or when you otherwise communicate with us or request information about us, this Site and our services, whether via email or other means. The personal information we collect may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, and phone number. You may also be required to provide certain information to complete an online application, request a quote, or receive certain offers. This information may include, but may not be limited to, gender, zip code, birth date, government-issued identification number (such as a Driver’s License number), Social Security Number (SSN), credit/debit card number and/or financial account information, or certain medical and health information.
Information Automatically Collected
We also may collect information about your use of the Site, including the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site, the number of times you return to the Site, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site, and other sites that you may visit.
Our third party analytics and advertising service providers may also use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies. We use third party analytics and advertising tools (including Google Analytics) that may automatically collect non-personal information from you when you interact with our Site, advertising, and social media. The Google Analytics features we use may include Remarketing with Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. This non-personal information is collected through the use of first party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie), third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie), and web beacons together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on visitors’ past visits to the Site. The information collected may include internet protocol address, the website you came from (known as the referring URL), the type of browser, device and operating system you use, the time and date of access, the pages you visit within our Site (and the order in which you visit them), geographic information, and other information that does not personally identify you. This information may be collected by and shared with our third party analytics and advertising service providers (including Google). These allow use, and our third party analytics and advertising service providers, to make advertising decisions and better understand the demographics and interests of its visitors. The information collected through these technical methods, standing alone, cannot be used to determine your identity. Such information may, however, be combined in a way that makes it become personally identifiable information. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Certain parts of our Site require cookies. “Cookies” are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer while you are viewing a website. We may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Site, as well as information collected from other online sources or from third party sources.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information, including any personally identifiable information, to:
- Confirm, process, or otherwise complete a transaction or transactions requested by you;
- Provide customer support (including, responding to your requests), troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
- Contact you to verify the information you provide to us, or otherwise contact you when necessary;
- Understand and anticipate your needs and preferences;
- Provide you with customized Site content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, via email, mail, or by phone from us or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- Protect the security and integrity of this Site and our business;
- Conduct internal reviews of this Site, administer this Site’s systems, and review the usage and operations of our Site and improve our content, products, and services;
- Develop, analyze, enhance and market our products and services or the products and services of third parties;
- Provide you with promotional materials, newsletters, offers and personalized information from us or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- Manage our business and operations;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Provide administrative communications to you;
- Submit your credit card or other payment information when ordering and/or purchasing products and/or services on our Site; and
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
- Typical Disclosures
We may disclose personally identifiable information:
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive your personally identifiable information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- To our third party service providers so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional and transaction materials, and this Site’s maintenance and security;
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors, partners, advertisers or other third parties to provide you with product information and promotional and other offers on our Site or App, or across other third party sites. This information may be used by such third parties for those parties’ own purposes, such as to offer products or services that may interest you.
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities, including in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights;
- In connection with a Business Transfer, as defined below (see Business Transfers below); and
- To our affiliated companies (i.e., companies under common ownership, control or management with us).
- Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take your personally identifiable information and make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing your information). We may use and/or disclose to third parties such aggregate or de-personalized information in any manner and without notice or compensation to you.
- Requests for Quotes and Services or Submission of Online Applications
Certain portions of this Site may allow you to provide your personally identifiable information to one or more third parties, such as insurance providers (“Requested Service Providers”) in order to request a quote, services or information from Requested Service Providers (e.g., by clicking “Submit” or “get your quotes”) (a “Request”) or to submit your information to Requested Service Providers through an online application (“Application”). If you make a Request or submit an Application, we may share, loan, rent or sell your personally identifiable information to the Requested Service Providers or other affiliates that we match with your Request or Application, your current provider, or to other third parties that may match you with a Requested Service Provider. In addition, the Requested Service Providers and such third parties may further disclose, share and use any personally identifiable information provided by you in connection with your Request or Application. If you make a Request or submit an Application, you expressly consent to such disclosure and use of your personally identifiable information. If you do not want your personally identifiable information shared as described above, then you should not make a Request or submit an Application.
IF YOU MAKE A REQUEST OR SUBMIT AN APPLICATION, THE REQUESTED SERVICE PROVIDERS MAY CONTACT YOU DIRECTLY VIA TELEPHONE, FAX, AND/OR EMAIL. YOU MAY RECEIVE TELEPHONE CALLS AS A CONSEQUENCE OF SUBMITTING A REQUEST ON THIS SITE, EVEN IF YOU ARE ON THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY OR ANY OTHER DO NOT CALL REGISTRY.
If you are matched with Requested Service Providers, you expressly consent to the Requested Service Providers conducting any research necessary to provide you with quotes for your Request, or to process your Application. Requested Service Providers may need to share your personally identifiable information to conduct such research. If you do not want Requested Service Providers to conduct necessary research to provide you with a quote for your Request or process your Application, then you should not make such Request or submit such Application.
Please note that if you make a Request or submit an Application on this Site, and we share your information as described above in connection with your Request or Application, you will not have the opportunity to opt out of the disclosure of your information in connection with that Request or Application.
- Business Transfers
- Network Advertising
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors, and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of this Site and other websites, the location of your Internet service provider’s presence, the date and time of a visit to a website and other interactions between you and website. Please see the “Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures” section above to understand your choices about not having this information used by certain service providers.
Option to Opt-Out of Email Marketing
If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt-out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions on this Site) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
Information You Disclose to Third Parties
Links to Third-Party Websites
Access to Your Personal Information
If this Site allows you to create an account with us, then you can review and update your personal information by logging into this Site, visiting your account profile page and making changes. If you need to update your information after you make a Request or submit an Application on this Site, then you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation of this Site in the United States
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and may be stored on servers in the United States. By using this Site or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding your personally identifiable information, please contact us at any of the following:
- Via email: email@example.com